Thursday, January 7, 2010

Blended Meals

When it comes to meal time, I am known to stress on occasion. When I begin planning the up and coming week's dinners, I get a bit overwhelmed. One more "perk" of being in a blended family, is I not only plan meals around what's on sale at Vons/Trader Joes, but I also have to take into consideration what kids I have and on what days. Next, I narrow it down - what meals do all 6 of us enjoy, what does Cali like that Hanah and Jonah don't? Then on the days we don't have Cali but have Hanah and Jonah, I cook what Cali won't eat. Thank God, Roman, Elmo and I will consume pretty much anything, as long as it's somewhat healthy. I know Hanah and Jonah don't like fish - but Cali does! So, I usually do fish on Tuesdays and Thursdays(with Cali), A Chicken Dish and/or Pasta(when all 6 of us eat) and finally on Wed, I make something with Marinara Sauce - because believe it or not, our little Italian Meatball does not like any sauce on her pasta. Go figure! I also, try to make a brief breakfast menu following these same guidlines. It's a pain in the you-know-what at the time, but saves my sanity in th long run!

No comments:

Post a Comment